Monday, September 2, 2013

Week 70

Dear family,

This has been a good week. We've been super busy as always! :D  We have several investigators who are working towards baptism. They have a few things holding them back at the moment, but we're working out those things, and it just feels good to know that so many people have the desire and are gradually making the needed changes in their lives.

I don't really have anything out of the ordinary to talk about today. I'm actually really struggling coming up with something to write at the moment.  I was going to keep track of my spiritual experiences this week, but I forgot.  I guess it's time to repent and try again for next week. And I forgot my journal... which I usually bring with me to recall things that have happened... haha. So.....

Denmark and JR are doing really well. They are two young men, age 14 and 16 and they are both awesome. They are going to all the young men activities and everything and they have a desire to be baptized. They didn't come to church yesterday though and we don't yet know why... so they won't be getting baptized this week, but we love them so much. Every time we come to their house, they are reading their Book of Mormon and are always excited to tell us where they are at now in their reading.  Jr's mom doesn't want him to be baptized yet. I totally understand. We haven't gotten the chance to teach her yet, but when we asked her about his baptism, she just said she doesn't want him to just go through a phase and be baptized and then in a few months decide he wants to join some other religion.  She has seen a change in his behavior though in the last couple months that we've been teaching him.  She likes what she's seen and I think she just wants to see that continue a little bit longer before she gives her consent.  I just hope one of these days we'll also be able to teach her because that would be so much more helpful for him to be able to endure to the end as well.  So we are all praying for all of them... that they actually WILL endure to the end and that his mother will give her consent and that she and their whole family will agree to be taught the lessons and also accept the gospel.  Denmark and JR have both expressed the desire to serve missions as well which I think is so AWESOME!!! :D  I'm excited for them.  They will make such good missionaries and do SO much good.

Brother Reynaldo is struggling a little bit, but is still super solid and is doing his best to overcome his trials and challenges.  He totally has a testimony and we know he can do anything with God's help.  Everyone is just doing so great.  I think the work really is progressing here.  All the baptisms here are really helping out.  It's increasing exponentially it seems.  It is always helpful when we tell an investigator about one of their neighbors or relatives that just got baptized or started coming to church... it really increases their interest and willingness to try it out as well.  And once they come to church and feel the spirit, they progress faster than ever before.  I've never had an investigator come to church and say that they didn't enjoy it.  They all like it.  So, all of you, invite your friends to church! :D  They'll like it!!! :D

So, I think that's all for now. Have a fantabulous week!

Love you!

Sister McClellan

No comments:

Post a Comment