Monday, September 9, 2013

Week 71

So, I have had several offers from several different people to come and live with them when I come home.  So... whoever wants me the most... give me all the reasons why so I can make a decision, haha. :D  If you don't reply I'll assume you don't want me... which is totally fine, hehe.  I have no idea yet what I want to do!!!  If you know someone who can get me a job in the recreational field... that's a definite plus, hehe. :D
This week was super awesome! Tuesday we had an FHE with President and Sister Aquino and all the other SIster Training and Zone Leaders. It was SO much fun! I was assigned to give a talent (of course) but I wasn't very creative... I just sang I'm trying to be like Jesus... hehe. They also fed us a delicious dinner! I love them so much!  And then Wednesday we had Missionary Leadership Counsel which was also SO much fun and also Super spiritually uplifting.  I love being a leader, haha.  And now Sister Peralta and I are planning another training for our zone tomorrow. I'm excited because we're planning on doing some activities which I did at some of my recreational jobs and in my classes before my mission and now I'm applying them to missionary work and the gospel.  It adds a whole new perspective to the discussions I would normally have with people. The activities I did before my mission would apply to teamwork and trust and problem solving, etc... and they still do... but they were focused towards athletic teams and the corporate world and other things... it totally applies to missionaries and districts and the gospel as well.  It makes this all so much more exciting and it brings me so much more satisfaction afterwords.  I am so grateful for this opportunity!  And I know it is also super helpful to the other missionaries in encouraging them to do their very best and to be more unified.
Yesterday Sister Peralta and I gave talks in Sacrament Meeting and I have to admit I wasn't prepared at all! I've had so many different things on my mind, I procrastinated... so I was a little nervous... but it went super well... I just talked about missionary work which was easy for me and of course I already knew several scriptures and experiences I could share and no one knew that I wasn't prepared.  I know it's true though that "If you are prepared, you shall not fear." I'm just glad it went well despite my fear and unpreparedness.  hehe.  I was super happy though because there were so many people at sacrament meeting! Lately we've been consistently getting over 80 people at church, which is super good for our branch!  I hope it stays that way and continues to increase!
I had a good experience this week with sister Pinky. I've been so confused about her because one day it seems like she's totally ready to accept the gospel and move forward and then she doesn't ever do anything.  She'll commit to read and come to church and everything... and then nothing...I have seen progression though, little by little.  At first she wasn't sure about anything. Saturday night when we visited them, it was the first time we had taught Pinky in over a week because she started working every day. We've only been teaching her daughter, Cherish.  Pinky expressed to us the sadness and frustration she's felt this last week and how much she missed us.  She told us how happy she was that we were there and that we hadn't given up on them.  She testified to us that she knew that everything we've been teaching is true and that some day she will surprise us and come to church and that once she comes to church, it will be permanent.  I'm not sure what she is waiting for... but I felt the spirit as she was talking and I believe her.  We just need to help her realize that she needs to make that decision now and not procrastinate her repentance until the end... They have such a good family.  I love them all so much and I really hope they will just put their trust in the Savior and move forward in faith.  They could be such a strength to the church and the church would be such a strength to their family.
I know that Jesus Christ is our Savior and that He loves us. I know that He sacrificed Himself for us and that we can trust in Him and His promises.  I know that the Atonement is real.  I know that our Father in Heaven has a plan for us and that it is a plan of happiness. 
I love you all and I wish you all the best!
Halong :D
Sister McClellan

Here are some pictures.. of our baptism, the birthday of a little boy (traditional birthday celebration with pancit), our trip to the zoo, district meeting, etc. :D enjoy!
 






 

No comments:

Post a Comment