Monday, August 26, 2013

Week 69

yay, we had another baptism! Brother Vicinte was finally baptized and he was more than ready and excited.  It was so great when he shared his testimony and almost started crying.  And the best part... Brother Romeo, our other recent convert was the one to baptize him.  It was a great opportunity for brother Romeo to exercise his Priesthood and serve God and his friend.  It was a super happy day. :D  And I'm excited to see both of them continue to progress in the gospel and have them accept and magnify important callings in the church :)

After that we had a Branch Family Home Evening.  We actually had several investigators attend which was awesome! Denmark, Jr, Ofelia, Sister Delacruz, Katkat, and also many members and recent converts as well.  It was so much fun! We gave the lesson and the games for everyone and the relief society provided some good food for everyone. I'm so proud of this branch. :D  

So.... I have some sad news (for me) but it's okay, really!  I believe it's meant to be, haha. There was a mistake in my request to extend and so I will for sure be going home in October. That's just way too soon!!! President Aquino told me after Zone Conference on Wednesday that he did everything he could and the final answer was no. :(  So... yeah! I'm just praying now that I don't get transferred because that will be my very last transfer and I really would love to stay in this area and help all my progressing investigators with baptismal dates! I want to stay and see them all be baptized! Transfers are just 2 weeks away! :(

The mission is seriously the best thing ever. I'm pretty sure that I say that every week, but I'm not kidding. I don't want any of you to think I'm just writing the good stuff and keeping the other stuff quiet... because I really am enjoying every minute of my mission. I heard someone say once that if someone says that their mission was really the best two years, they are lying... but I don't believe that's true.  So far... this has been the best 16 months of my life. :D I'm sure there will be other times in my life when it gets better... :D but so far.... oh man.  It's all good!!! :D I have nothing bad to say about it right now! haha.  And it's not just because we had a baptism... even when no one's accepting the message, it's great... as long as we're doing our best. :D

Oh, this morning our district went to the zoo!  It was pretty cool! It didn't have any big mammals or anything... mostly just birds and fish and cats and dogs... which was actually kind of sad... but there were some ostriches and some spotted deer creatures... and some dead snakes... and some live ones... it was great! hehehe. :D

ummmmmmm..... I really want to be writing more of my spiritual experiences... so this week I'm making it a goal to keep track of all of them so I have a more spiritually uplifting email to send next week, haha.  Because they are happening all the time... I just have a hard time recalling them...

oh, and I have lots of pictures to send, but earlier when I started this email, there was a brown out, so we only have a little time now before our FHE tonight... so you'll have to wait until next week. :D Sorry!!!

so anyways, love you all and I look forward to seeing you all again... don't worry, I'm not getting trunky yet... just excited, haha.  :D

halong!

Sister McClellan

No comments:

Post a Comment