Monday, August 12, 2013

Week 67

Why is it that I'm always like giddy happy whenever I'm writing these emails? Anyways... I'm just SOOOOOOOOOOOOO happy right now! Life just couldn't get any better right now!  I've never had so many investigators come to church. We had 10 investigators plus several children and others who aren't yet investigators.  Our sunday school class was overflowing and I was fighting back tears of joy, haha. (I'm still fighting back tears of joy just thinking about it, haha) Our recent convert, brother Romeo passed the sacrament yesterday which was so wonderful to see.  And brother Reynaldo is completely over his Word of Wisdom problem and for the first time, his wife accompanied him at church. He's been praying (and maybe fasting) so hard for that.  Hopefully the two of them will be able to be baptized together on September 7th. I am so happy and so excited for them.  Goodness, this mission just keeps getting better and better!  We also have found several new investigators who have cars and are excited about us coming back and sharing more.

I also had an epic spider-killing experience.  I've seen 3 or four giant spiders in the last few days... one of them was in our house... and it was huge and was carrying a huge egg thing filled with babies.  I tried to kill it with permetherin, but it escaped and I ended up just hitting it with the empty bottle and the egg exploded and baby spiders went everywhere... they all died in the spilled permetherin.  It was pretty gross and I couldn't get the image out of my mind for hours... at least I got the whole thing on video... :)  You'll see it when I come home, haha.  

Let's see... what else happened... tomorrow, Sister Peralta and I will be giving a training in Zone Meeting again... so please pray for us, because we aren't quite prepared yet, haha.  We've been having a few sleepless nights trying to come up with good ideas.  It will all work out, but prayers would definitely be helpful.

Today I was talking to our Mission President, President Aquino and he asked when I was going home.  I said December, and he looked confused... he said he thought he had seen me on the October list... I explained what had happened and he was like... well would you like to extend? I said yes please! And he said he'd work it all out, so I'm super excited... I almost lost my chance to stay! And I didn't even know I was still on the October list.  So... yay!!! I get to stay to see all the changes that will be happening in November! 

The mission is. the. best. No regrets. It's full of excitement and joy and love.  I think that's one thing I've learned the most about here on the mission. About love. How to love and how to show love for others and for God.  I've even gained love for myself :D  how to accept love from others... it's become easy to love.  Even when others are doing palakpat things or when they are so different... it's easy to love them.  I've learned more about God's love and every day I learn more.  Love is so important and it's awesome!. :D  I love you all!!!! 

Sister McClellan 

No comments:

Post a Comment