Monday, August 19, 2013

Week 68

We had a wonderful week this week!  Our Zone Training Meeting went well and we were able to think of some fun activities to do with all the missionaries. Wednesday we went on exchanges for training purposes and I went to City and stayed with a sister there, Sister Ili, who is Samoan.  She is awesome and it's cool because she almost looks Filipina.  Some people are surprised when she starts talking because she has a unique accent.  It's nice in City... but I'm sure glad that my area is Oton, haha.  City is sooooo different!  The people are super nice and everything, but I like all the fresh air and fields and ocean that I've been lucky to have in all my other areas. :D
So, we're super excited about the next few weeks.  We have baptisms scheduled for every week!  This Saturday is finally brother Vicinte who is super prepared and excited.  Then next Friday will be brother Reynaldo! yay!!! and then the next week, two young men, Denmark and JR, who are both awesome and I'm sure they will both become wonderful missionaries some day.  We have several others scheduled for the month of September as well.  This work is super exciting!!!  

I don't know if I mentioned this already, but if you remember, in Antique I had an investigator, brother Freddie who is deaf and didn't know how to sign or read, but was coming to church every sunday.  Sister Aurelio and I had some fun trying to teach him the lessons. Well, I was recently informed that he was baptized!!  that's so exciting!  I don't know if he learned to sign or read, but I'm glad he was finally able to be baptized because I know he's been wanting to for a long time.

I can't express how much I love this gospel.  I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is the only true and living church on the face of the earth and I know that this is true because I have received a witness from the holy ghost on many occasions. I can't deny what I have felt and know.  I know that God lives and loves each and every one of us and He is closer than we sometimes think.  He is watching over us and I know that if we continue doing the things that we know we should, we will be able to live with Him and our families again someday.  If we don't... we won't.  It's so simple.  And I know it's true.  I know Jesus Christ is my Savior.  My knowledge of His Atonement for me is what drives me to work my hardest every day here in the mission field and what encourages me to continue to strive to become like Him.  I love Him.  And I know He loves me.  And... that makes me happy! :D I don't think I've ever felt such joy before for such a long period of time... I would feel joy like this after a day in the temple or after a great personal study or devotional or something, but this joy has been with me for the last 16 months and it keeps growing brighter and brighter :D.  It's an indescribable feeling! :D  service is a key to happiness, I totally recommend it to anyone who ever feels anything other than joy :D

Love you all!

SIster McClellan

No comments:

Post a Comment