Monday, January 28, 2013

Week 39

Hello Family, Kumusta kamo?
Mayad gid ako, nagapunko lang ako dya, naga-email kaninyo... :D
Gusto ko magshare kaninyo kung ano natabo kanaken sini nga simana! sige? Sige
This was a good week, full of inspiring lessons and surprises... as
well as some disappointments, but I guess that is to be expected. We
had some new investigators attend church and the members were great
fellow-shippers for them. I expect them to come to church again!
I've been doing a lot of self-evaluating these past few weeks and I
have noticed many changes in myself. I have always been shy by
nature.. and when I was younger, I never really wanted to serve a
mission. However, when the time came, I knew that it was what the
Lord wanted me to do, so I came despite my weaknesses. Since coming
here to Antique, I think I have learned more than I have so far in the
mission. I overcame I barrier, and that barrier was myself. I am so
grateful for Sister Patricio and the things that she is teaching me.
I have really learned to rely on the spirit in the work. I am
learning to walk by faith rather than by fear. In the past I would be
afraid... afraid to say anything that was unplanned or to change the
subject or to do anything spontaneous that might upset my companion.
And then when problems would come up, I wouldn't understand why. I
was trying to be a people-pleaser, rather than a God-pleaser... and
for the first time in my life... it wasn't working. At times I have
had to learn the hard way, being forced by complete silence to make
the decision of what to teach and in what way, even when at times I
had no idea what they needed, but somehow I was able to find something
about which I could then testify. Now it has become easy for me... if
a scripture comes to my mind, I don't hesitate to share it and help
them apply it to their situation. We have really become unified and
my love for the gospel and the people increase each time I open my
mouth. Sometimes problems still come up and at times I don't
understand the cause, especially when I feel like I am putting forth
all my effort, but I have learned that I don't need to become
discouraged as long as I am doing my best. If I know I am doing God's
will, I can be happy and optimistic through any trial that comes.
That is one weakness that has been made stronger for me. I still have
many more to overcome, but I know now that I can, with the Lord's
help.
Thank you all for everything! I hope you have a wonderful week and
lots of spiritual experiences :D
You are in my prayers,
Sister McClellan

No comments:

Post a Comment