Monday, January 14, 2013

Week 37

Mayad nga aga family,
Kumusta kamo? I am doing super good. It has been a really fun week.
Sister Patricio is going home in just a few weeks and she is super
sad... she doesn't want to go home. I guess that's how I'm going to
feel when it's my time to go home. But, since she is leaving soon,
she's been taking me to areas that we haven't gone to yet... really
far areas and the beach :) We went to Belison, which is one of our
farthest areas. We have a few less-actives out there and a few
investigators... but the investigators weren't there, so I don't know
how I'm going to go back to them... it's kind of sad. But the ride
there is so beautiful. We took a jeepney, and there were so many
fields and mountains and trees. It was amazing.
We finally have some progressing investigators! Brother Renato is
doing really well. He still needs to be married, but we have set his
baptism date for Feb 23 and we are positive he will be able to make
it. I have really seen his testimony grow since I've arrived here.
Yesterday, even though his wife (returning less-active) was out of
town, he came to church all by himself, which we were really impressed
with. Usually he is super shy. Church attendance is one of the very
hardest things for people here, so he really showed his desire. Our
other investigator Ronnel, is also progressing. He wants to be
baptized and his date is for Feb 9, but he still hasn't recognized an
answer that our message is true. So we are helping him so that he can
meet those qualifications before baptism. I love that we are teaching
men... because usually only women are willing to listen, but our two
investigators that are really working towards baptism are both men
with families who could be really valuable priesthood holders in the
church someday. I am so excited for both of them. We are also
teaching a family with 4 kids ages 2-13. I love them so much. I am
really hoping that they accept the gospel soon! I love teaching
families.
Only 25% of the members here are active. Most missionaries around the
world focus more on investigators I think... but we spend just as much
time, if not more... on reactivation and retention. The other day we
attended an area broadcast all about the new area goals for the year.
I am excited to help my area to accomplish these goals. One of the
goals is for each member to rescue a less-active this year. Good
goal, don't you think?? Also, when missionaries return home, they
need to find someone and prepare them to replace them in the mission
field. They gave several ideas to help the members put in their
effort to bring back the less-actives. Members really are important
in this work. We might be able to help someone come to church once,
but if there isn't any fellowshipping from the members, they won't be
that excited to come back. I know when I go home, I am going to be so
much more observant about who is attending church... who's new, who's
missing, who's sitting alone... and make an effort to make them feel
welcome. It's SO important!!!
I hope that each of you are having an amazing day and week and that
you are always smiling. :D Palangga ko gid kamo!!!
Love, Heidi

Beach Pictures! Sorry, it's been a while since I sent pictures.







No comments:

Post a Comment