Monday, December 17, 2012

Week 33


I don't know what to write about this week. I was able to watch the
Christmas Devotional yesterday, which was really good!  I love the
first Presidency!  Oh, I also gave a talk in Sacrament Meeting
yesterday.  It was about the atonement and I'm pretty sure it was in a
mix of several languages.  I read scriptures in English, and used a
mix of Tagalog, Ilonggo and Kinaraya.  Maybe one of these days I'll
get transferred to Kalibo where I'll have to learn Aklanon too.  It
went pretty well though, my language is definitely improving!  Thank
you for your prayers!
We had a service project on Friday.  We didn't know what it was going
to be until we got there so I was a little unprepared.  We were
pulling weeds and trees and bushes... clearing the land completely...
and a lot of it!  I worked as hard as I always do when I have a fun
project like that... but as a result I got dozens of nasty blisters.
I took my clothes to a shop this week because I couldn't wash them
myself, haha.  I felt a little unlike myself for the next couple days
because I couldn't give people that firm grip of mine :D  My handshake
is like my trademark!  It's okay though, they are healing nicely :)
We have one investigator who lives in the most beautiful place I've
ever seen.  Every time I walk around the corner to their house, my jaw
drops.  I've tried to take a picture of the scene but my camera
doesn't do it justice... it's too bad. I'll just have to take a
picture in my mind so I never forget how pretty it is.  Sorry you
can't see it, haha.
I love you all, take care!
Heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment