Monday, July 23, 2012

Week 12



Dear Family,

This last week, we went to the farthest part of our area.  All of the people in this area are less active because it's so hard for them to attend church.  I wish there could be a branch or something closer to them all, but there aren't enough active members to make it possible.  Our Stake President works with us usually about once a week for an entire afternoon and I love it when he does.  We always are able to make it to our appointments on time and we have his added testimony.  It's especially nice when visiting the less active families because he is able to show them that the members care about them and miss them.


While there though, we met with a little 11 year old boy and his name is Daniel.  His parents are members, but he is not. He is the cutest, sweetest little boy ever!  I've never met a little boy so polite.  He was also very interested and was listening so intently to our message as we taught him about prayer and explained how to pray.  When I was speaking, he was encouraging me in the look on his face (Because I was struggling to say what I wanted to)  :)  And when our stake president gave him a gift, at first he didn't want to accept it, but when he finally did, he expressed so much gratitude... and it was just a little juice snack.  I really loved  getting to know him.  All the people here are so hospitable and kind. They are so, so easy to love.

We now have two more investigators with a baptismal date.  They are so good... and of course, they are referrals from members... soo.... give your missionaries referrals!!!  It is SO much harder to find
investigators willing to listen when you just find them.  Although we do have a few progressing investigators that were found from tracting as well. I love to see their desire to repent and change their lives.  Sin is a painful thing... it causes guilt and shame and has other consequences as well... but because of the sacrifice that Jesus Christ made for us, we have the ability to repent and become free from that burden.  Our Savior and Redeemer, our Brother, Jesus Christ, suffered everything!! for each of you individually.  He made that sacrifice because he LOVES you!!! SO much!!!!  We ALL have made mistakes.. and do every day of our lives.  It is SO important that we repent DAILY and use the power of the Atonement in our lives.  It is ONLY through the Atonement of Jesus Christ that we can return to live with our Loving Heavenly Father again.  I am SO grateful for my Savior, Jesus Christ, and for my Father in Heaven, who sent his Only Begotten Son to
the earth for that purpose.  Again, sin is a painful thing... but your Lord Jesus Christ knows EXACTLY how you feel.  He experienced every pain and sickness and trial.  He and your Father in Heaven know you
perfectly.  Never forget that.  And never forget the perfect love that they have for you.  Go to them in prayer.  Pour out your whole souls to them.  They DO listen.  They DO care.  And they DO answer.

I'm attaching a couple pictures of my apartment.  It's so nice and big.  We are so blessed!  I mean... we still get rats and spiders and lizards and other weird creatures in there, but we have a lot of space.  The bathroom is super tiny... I have to duck every time I go in.  Sometimes early in the morning, I forget and end up hitting my head on the ceiling.  hehe.  For some reason the other missionaries want to get a different apartment... but I like the one we have.  If we move... I hope it's to a tiny bamboo house in the middle of the
jungle :)  joke lang.  They always give the Sister Missionaries the best apartments and they are always in the city. So, no worries, I'm safe :)

FYI, Missionary Work is hard!!! haha :)  And, I love it!

Happy Anniversary Mom and Dad!  I'm glad you had a good time.  I am so blessed to have such wonderful parents who love each other so much.  You are such good examples to me.  I love you both so much.  And
thanks for the email addresses.  Next week I will work on emailing some individuals.  (:

Halong! (take care)
Heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment