Monday, July 16, 2012

Week 11



Wow, what a week! (:
I'm beginning to see little miracles already!  We taught 7 new
investigators this week and that is a huge improvement for us.  One of
our investigators has been struggling a lot because he lost his wife a
couple years ago and he and his son both are struggling to believe
that they can ever see her again. We taught them the plan of salvation
and I saw hope in his eyes. It was such a powerful experience and the
spirit was so strong. I can't wait to see more experiences like that.
It makes me so happy to see others faith growing even though it makes
me sad to see them suffering so much.  I know that God has prepared a
plan for us that enables us to live with our families forever.  Our
message is such a happy one and I am so grateful for the opportunity
that I have to share that message with others.  I love all these
people so much.
My umbrella broke a few days ago and the next day I lost it somehow...
and I was really worried because it rains so so often here and we are
always walking in the mud and rain and we wouldn't have time until
today to buy a new one.  Incredibly it hasn't rained since I lost it
and it will probably rain again tonight just after I buy a new one. I
am super blessed!
Also, this morning for P-Day, our district went to the beach and I
caught my first 4 fish ever!  It was a very exciting hour :)
Ano pa? I've been understanding much, much more of the dialect.  I
still can't say a whole lot, but I can follow the lessons pretty well
now and add a sentence here and there when my companion turns to me.
I want to say more, but I know they understand.  I've always been so
shy that I wondered how I would be as a missionary.  I'm definitely
not the best missionary, but at least I feel my desire to testify to
them increasing daily.  I want to communicate with them so badly.  And
my companion is so great.  She gives me so many opportunities which
allow me to push myself and progress.  I love her.
Sorry the pictures aren't the best... but they are the best I have so
far.  The Philippines is such a gorgeous place.  Every time I see
something awesome, I want to take a picture of it, but we shouldn't
look like tourists :)
I hope you are all doing well!  love you all!
Halong!
Sister McClellan

No comments:

Post a Comment