Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Week 5


Magandang Umaga!
Today my companions are having an English Fast... and so far it has been so much fun!  We're beginning to realize that we know a lot more than we think we do... and also that we don't know the words for anything that doesn't have to do with our lessons, haha.  Needless to say, we've been carrying around our dictionaries :)  
This morning at the temple, we did sealings, which was an amazing experience.  We were proxy for daughters, but we also got to witness a marriage sealing.  I loved being there and listening to it all. I hope I will get a chance to do that again before I leave for the Philippines.  We are over halfway done with our stay here at the MTC.  I'm getting more and more anxious to be out there.  I don't feel ready... but I don't know if I will ever feel that.  It's hard to see your friends come and leave the MTC though when you still have several weeks to go. 
My favorite thing to do here is sing.  The choir is so amazing... I think I feel the spirit there more than anywhere else, especially as he uses the songs we sing  to teach us things which we can apply to our lives.  Tonight we're singing in the Devotional and we're singing an arrangement of Joseph Smith's First Prayer.  Who knows who we will be singing for... we never know who the speaker is until right before it starts.  I'm always excited to find out though.  Last week we heard from the Provo Temple President and on Sunday's devotional we heard from Ronald A. Rasband, in the presidency of the 70.  Outside the choir, I sing almost 24/7.  :)  It's really hard not to break out in song when someone says a phrase of a song that I know.  I've been doing better though at only singing church songs.  I like to jazz up the hymns a bit though... hope that's okay.  It's just so much fun!  I love to sing so much!  I've been asked if I'm one of those cronically happy people... maybe so. :)
I think the most important thing I learned this week is that when we humble ourselves before the Lord, he really will help us.  I always knew that, but I've been studying a lot about humility and what that means.  I don't know why it takes me so long to humble myself and listen to and trust the Spirit, but when I do, the results are amazing.  I too often let my pride get in the way of doing the Lord's work and I don't even realize it most of the time. 
I love my life so much.  This is the Gospel of Jesus Christ.  The Savior lives!  He knows us and is mindful of us and will help us when we ask Him.   He really does and He loves us more than we can possibly imagine.  I am so grateful for this opportunity that I have to be one of God's missionaries here on the earth at this time.  It makes me so happy.  The church is true!! (: 
Love, Heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment