Tuesday, May 1, 2012

May 1, 2012


Congratulations Kristy! I can't wait to meet Dallin!  I'm so excited for your family!  Dad sent me the newsletter and I got to see the pictures.  I was especially excited to see that they were all wearing the tie-dye shirts I helped make. (:  James is perfect for a middle name, you chose well (:
 
I think any of my family is allowed to have my email address... the only problem with that is that if everyone sends me emails, that will take away from the time I have to write my letter.  But an occasional short email for some exciting news or something would be great!  I should be able to use the computer every Tuesday while at the MTC. 
 
I have some pictures I would like to send, but that will have to wait until next week as I don't have my camera with me.  It's difficult at times having two companions because we all have different ideas of what to teach and what to do and where to go and when.  We've had a few challenges, but I love them both and it's been good.  Yesterday was our third time teaching Queen, our investigator, in Tagalog.  I'm pretty sure that she is a real investigator, but I don't know.  I don't know why she would be here, being taught by so many brand new missionaries over and over again if she was, but if she isn't, she plays the part very well.  The language has been so much fun to learn.  I think by the end of this week, we will have caught up and past what I had studied beforehand.  I know a lot of grammar we haven't covered yet, but I have learned how to properly say prayers, say a testimony, conduct a meeting, give committments, introduce and explain scriptures, and tons of other stuff.  It's been really fun. 
 
My district had their first temple walk the other day and I had my first-ever stab of homesickness. I never have felt homesick before, but just not being able to call someone up and share my feelings and my frustrations and never being able to be alone... and realizing how close I still am to family, hit me hard.  It didn't last long, but it was a feeling I had never felt before.  It has brought me closer to God though because I have had to go to Him instead, which is something I should have learned a long time ago.  (to always go to Him first and not as a last resort).  This morning was our first temple trip!  Elder Hidalgo from our district received his own endowment.  We were planning on going through with him, but a mistake was made and we missed it, which was too bad, but I'm excited for him anyways.  I love going to the temple.  The more I go, the more at home I feel there. 
 
Thanks for the Rice-Crispy Treats Aubrey!!! They totally made my day!  I only got them two days ago, but I couldn't eat it until yesterday... I'm pretty sure I was going crazy!  My companions would agree.  I also got your letter Jonathan.  Thanks!
 
I am so grateful for this opportunity to serve as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.  I now know that the gift of tongues is real!  I have seen it in myself and so many other people around me.  It is so incredible.  Being a missionary is hard work, as I have already noticed.  It hasn't even been a whole week, and I am so exhausted... and there is no way to catch up on sleep.  The work still goes on.  You probably want to know more details, but my brain is fried.  I can't think, haha.  If there is anything you guys specifically want to know, just ask me and I'll make sure to share it next week.  I hope you all are doing well and that you are happy!  I love you all!
 
Mahal Kita! (:
Sister McClellan

No comments:

Post a Comment