Saturday, April 28, 2012

April 26, 2012

Dear Family,

I just finished day TWO!! at the MTC.  I really, really love it here.  Time is passing very slowly... there are people here in my same mission who have only been here a couple weeks and they feel like it's been forever.  They are the ones giving us tours and lessons!  I guess that will be me in a couple weeks!  I am honestly not nervous in the least though!  It's so weird!  Tomorrow morning I am teaching my first "investigator" in Tagalog.  One of my companions is super nervous about it... but I know if the spirit is with us, we will be able to convey our message, even if that means we will be acting things out, haha.

So I actually have two companions, Sister White and Sister Bowen.  They are both awesome and I have loved getting to know them, although it is annoying how whenever one of us has to leave class to use the restroom, we ALL have to follow.

My very first experience in the MTC was being put in a classroom where not a word of English was spoken.  I was happy to find I could understand a lot of the Tagalog!  Several hours later, we could all have a friendly conversation and get to know each other a little bit.  I am so excited to be able to speak fluently soon.

There are 6 girls living in my "residence."  It's just one small room for all of us, but we are never there except to sleep.  We do EVERYTHING in our classroom.  We basically live there.

I like the cafeteria!  Dessert at every meal... so many choices... all you can eat!  No cleanup. :)  It's a good thing our first gym time is tomorrow!

It's a little sad - I don't think I am ever going to be able to write as much as I would like because there hardly seems to be any time at all.  I have been learning so much!  The spirit is SO strong everywhere I go and I don't even have to try to feel it.  I just can't help it! :)  I love being a missionary.  It truly is incredible.  The church is true.  I know that with all my heart.  I love you all!

Sister Heidi McClellan

No comments:

Post a Comment