Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Week 4


Thanks Dad for sharing that story, I really enjoy hearing temple experiences.  This past week, the Provo Temple President spoke at a devotional and he shared a lot of really good temple stories.  We also heard from Elder L. Tom Perry at last Tuesday's devotional.  They both were amazing speakers.  This last week has been incredible actually.  I have been studying a lot lately about missionaries in the scriptures, especially the sons of Mosiah and they have given me such a greater desire to do my very best.  They had to endure so much, but they never gave up and they ended up bringing so many people to Christ.  I also watched the Mountain of the Lord again and realized how much sacrifice was put into building the salt lake temple and all the temples.  I again had the urge to do my very best while here. 
 
I love Tagalog!  This past week, I taught 6 lessons and didn't use notes in any of them.  It's incredible how much you realize you can say and how much the Lord helps you when you are doing His work.  I've been memorizing the articles of faith in Tagalog and a few hymns and it's been coming so quickly.  So, I have been blessed in that respect, but we are still having a hard time using all the teaching fundamentals that we need to be.  That is something we need to learn to do in English before we will be able to do it in Tagalog.  Really getting to know your investigator well enough to be able to apply the lesson to their lives and make sure you are teaching something that they understand can benefit them.  We are still working on that, but hopefully it will come soon.
 
Alam ko po na buhay ang Diyos.  Jesucristo ang ating Tagapagligtas.  Alam ko po na nagbayad-sala ni Jesucristo para sa kasalanan natin dahil mahal niya tayo.  Alam ko po na totoong propeta si Thomas S. Monson sa mundo.  Alam ko po na nagpakita ang Diyos at si Jesucristo kay Joseph Smith noong 1820.  Ipinanumbalik ng Diyos ang ebanghelyo sa pamamagitan ni Joseph Smith.  Totoo ang Simbahan ni Jesucristo ng mga banal sa mga huling araw.  Nagpapasalamat ako para sa pamilya ko at mga kaibigan ko.  Nagpapasalamat ako para sa mga templo.  Mahal ko kayo! 
 
I don't know if that was all perfectly correct, but I gave it my best shot.  For some reason it's harder writing it down than speaking it because I have to decide if it looks right instead of if it sounds right, haha.  Good luck figuring out what it says. (:
Have a wonderful week!
Heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment