Monday, May 13, 2013

Week 54

This was a wonderful and event-filled week!  On Thursday, our investigator Brother Renato finally got married!!! It was SO exciting.  They've been saving and working towards marriage for a really long time!  I was so glad... and lucky... to have been able to be there.  Because the very next day... I was transferred.  Now their next goal is for Brother Renato to be baptized.  Sister Aurelio actually missed the wedding because she and Sister Harvey had to go to Iloilo for a meeting... because Sister Aurelio is now a trainer!!! I'm a lola now! (grandmother!) She's training an American. :D  I'm so excited for them both, for my daughter and granddaughter! :D.  They are going to have a lot of fun in that area.  I'm going to miss it though. 
I, on the other hand, have been transferred to Oton.  Oton is really close to mission headquarters so I expect I'll get to see the mission president more often than usual, haha.  So far, I like the area!  I don't get to see the ocean every day like before, but there are a lot of fields and it's still beautiful.  I haven't met very many people, but those who I have met are wonderful and I'm very excited to get to know them all.  It has been easier to adjust than in my previous areas because I can actually speak the language and really talk to people now... but it's still hard to learn the area and remember faces and names.  I've never been very good at that...  The language here is a mixture between Ilonggo and Karay-a... which is wonderful because right now I'm speaking mostly Karay-a and they still understand me!!! whew!  It's a little difficult to switch back to Hiligaynon, but it's coming. :D
My new companion is Sister Falogme.  She is from Valenzuela? Close to Manila I think.  She came at the same time as SIster Aurelio, so I am her follow-up trainer.  She's really good!  I think we'll have a good time here.
I think that is everything!  It was good to talk to mom earlier this morning on Skype.  :D  Happy Mothers Day!!!!! once again!! :D  Love you all! 
Sister McClellan

No comments:

Post a Comment