Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Week 53

Hello wonderful family!
It's been a great week!  Sister Thelma was baptized this Saturday and was confirmed yesterday in Sacrament Meeting.  It was so happy!  On Saturday, we were a little nervous at first because the font wasn't filled yet when we got there and the water was really dirty and it takes SO long to fill up.  It ended up okay though.  It was a little lower than it should have been but by the time the talks and songs and prayer were over, it was acceptable. :D  We should probably have explained better about what she would have to do because she was a little confused... and scared... she had to go under twice because the first time she didn't go all the way under... but when she came out of the water, she had such a beautiful smile on her face!  :D  
It makes me so happy when I have a baptism. It makes me sad that I know I won't be here to see all of my investigators enter the waters of baptism while I'm here, but I know I'm at least planting seeds while I'm here and some day they will accept the gospel. :D  It really is like the best thing ever... to help someone's life change through the Gospel of Jesus Christ.  I have no doubt that it's true and that it is God's plan for ALL of his children.  :D
That afternoon we had a branch family home evening which we organized.  It was really fun!  With a really good interactive lesson by the branch mission leader and fun games and talents and dessert!  It was great!
And... this morning... we had our first Zone Activity!!! It's been my first one since I came on my mission.  You can get a zone activity if the WHOLE zone has celestial apartments and celestial area books.  We are always celestial :D  of course :D  but finally everyone was!!! so, this morning we went to Sibalom and went on an awesome hike to some waterfalls which were SO beautiful!  It was the best thing ever! AND... I think I may have tanned just a little.. haha. :D  I have amazing pictures, but... unfortunately, the more pictures that are on my memory card, the more impossible it is for me to upload them on the computer.  If it loads before my time is up on the computer, I'll send a few. :D
I tried last week to put my pictures on a USB... but for some reason... it's so PALAKPAT!!! ridiculous! I spent so much time loading them, and then it froze and was all deleted from the USB. That's the second time that's happened with USBs I bought here. I give up. :D
I love you all. Keep up the good work.  I love you all to death!  Write me!!!!!! :D
Sister McClellan
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment