Monday, March 18, 2013

Week 46


Hello wonderful family!
This has been a wonderful week!  We have been having great success!
Our investigator Sister Thelma is doing really well.  She accepted the
invitation to be baptized this last week and said she is very sure
about it.  She came to district conference yesterday and although she
couldn't understand what they were saying because it was an English
broadcast where Elder Holland, Elder Hales, and Sister Cook spoke, she
said she really felt a really good feeling just being there.  We are
excited for her as well as for Brother Reynaldo, who we are trying to
help get married.  We have several progressing investigators and now
we are just struggling trying to find a balance between investigator
lessons and less-active lessons, because we kind of struggled in that
area this week.  Also, sister Geraldine came to church and Brother
Renato.  They are both progressing as well, and working towards
baptism. Sister Aurelio and I are both doing very well and are
enjoying the work. I know that this is the Lord's work and I am so
grateful to be here.
This last week, we went to Iloilo for a trainers/trainees meeting,
which was very uplifting and helpful!  And it's amazing how the Lord
helps make up for things in different ways... like we were out 2 days
because of the trip, which would have made it difficult to teach all
the lessons we would usually teach, but somehow we were able to get
more investigator lessons than we ever have any other week.  It was a
Wednesday and Thursday which are normally some of the busiest days
even!  But we were able to teach all those people we had planned for
on the other days of the week.  It was amazing!  And we were really
able to help our key investigators to make some very important
commitments.  They are progressing and we love them so much!  I'm
going to be so sad when I transfer. :(
Okay... Maybe I'll regret telling you all this... because I'm super
embarrassed about it... but... I got bit by a monkey. :/ I wasn't
playing with it, I promise!!! I just... wanted a picture with it...
and it climbed on my shoulder and bit me...  but not because it was
angry... I must have just looked delicious or something... :D  My bata
was super scared for me... she thought I was going to get rabies or
something... so while we were in Iloilo, I mentioned it to Sister
Pagaduan, our missionary mother :) and showed her the bite, and she
said it was okay.  I don't have to worry about it after all.  Whew!!!
I did NOT want to get a rabies shot, haha.  I wonder if that happens
to missionaries a lot, because she didn't seem to be surprised in the
least!  She just said to call her if I start acting like a monkey...
:D  Since this experience... I have been much more careful around
animals.  I'm glad it wasn't anything worse, haha.  I feel so dumb!!
What a bad example I was for my bata!  It could have been awful...
so... all of you.... stay away from monkeys!!! They can't be trusted!
haha.  But they are still my favorite animal, haha. :D
Other than that, missionary life is amo man gihapon (still the same).
But is very enjoyable.  I really love every minute of it, especially
when you can see the changes that people are making in their lives.
We have one investigator, Brother Roxas, who loves to talk. :D  It is
very difficult to get a word in sometimes, haha, but we love him so
much.  I'm surprised at the love that we feel for our investigators.
At first, he really seemed indifferent about our lessons and he just
wanted to share what he believed more than anything else I think.  Now
though, I think he gets excited when he sees us coming... maybe he's
still excited to share what he believes, but that's okay.  We can
really see how his beliefs are becoming closer and closer to the truth
and we can see his faith building.  He is unsure about when he will be
willing to be baptized, but he is getting closer.  He will be a
wonderful church leader someday.  I just wish I could stay here to see
it happen...  Sometimes the hardest part of missionary work is knowing
that you will be leaving them someday.  I'm just glad there will
always be other missionaries to take my place and that there are more
and more missionaries coming and more and more missions opening.  It's
so wonderful!
I am so grateful for the gospel of Jesus Christ.  I am so grateful for
this wonderful opportunity that I have to be a servant in God's hands.
 Realizing how much my testimony has strengthened over the past year,
makes me ever-grateful for my decision to serve a full-time mission.
I can't believe I only have 8 months or so left.  Noooooo...... :D  I
am definitely going to follow my parent's example and serve as a
couple missionary with my future husband someday. :D




Sister McClellan

No comments:

Post a Comment