Monday, February 11, 2013

Week 41

Well, I have some exciting news... I have been called to be a trainer!
 In mission terms, I am "busong" which means pregnant and am about to
have a "bata."  I am excited and nervous and stressed and overwhelmed
and just about every other emotion at the same time... I hope I do a
good job!  I don't know yet if she is Filipina or American.  If she is
Filipina, at least she will be able to communicate with the people
through Tagalog... if she's American... I will be teaching lessons and
doing everything basically all by myself for a while.  President
Pagaduan called me just a couple days ago to tell me.  I accepted the
call of course, but I can't believe I'm already a senior companion.  I
still feel brand new! Sister Patricio and Sister Caceres are both
going home now.  They left for Iloilo this morning and will be flying
home to Manila maybe tomorrow, leaving me and Sister Harvey as
companions until we go to Iloilo on Thursday for trainer's meeting and
transfer meeting and pick up our batas, coming back on Friday.  Sister
Harvey is going to train as well!  But this is already her 3rd area.
Anyways, It's going to be fun!  An adventure for sure! :D
Sorry for the foreign words I used last letter.. sometimes, it's hard
for me to find the right words in English now.
amat-amat means... gradually, or as time goes on... something like that
basta-basta means ... whatever goes... or "just like that"...
medyo budlay means... kind of hard
I can't think of what else to write.  Brother Ronnel is really
progressing a lot. We are excited for him to be baptized, but we still
need to help prepare him a little more.  Brother Jornell and Renato
are both still struggling in some areas (they still need to be married
and have to work on WOW)  but I have faith in them.  We have another
really good investigator, Geraldyn... she is 16 years old and she has
come to church the last 2 weeks and Saturday night, she went to a
youth dance (prom) at the church and the youth were very good
fellowshippers.  It's been nice because the youth volunteer to come to
our lessons with her and they invite her to the activities. She also
lives right next to the church so she doesn't have a hard time coming
every Sunday.  She is also very very gwapa (beautiful).  I'm excited
for her.  Her dad is an active Aglipay, but he is very willing to
listen and to allow her to listen as well.  He had a stroke a couple
years ago and is still trying to recover... he has a hard time
speaking and walking, but he understands everything and we love
teaching both of them.  Yesterday we had 5 investigators at church
which was wonderful, all of them were from different families, so it
was a big deal.. :D  And also several less actives were able to attend
as well.  Our area is progressing.  :D
Take care everyone... and pray for me!!! I can't do this on my own! :D  Thanks!
Love, Sister McClellan

No comments:

Post a Comment