Monday, October 8, 2012

Week 23


Dear Family,
Wow, I didn't know about the change in ages for missionaries... what
exactly did they say?  I guess by the time I read your reply I'll
know.  Last night as I was teaching a lesson about following the
prophet, I realized that you were all watching General Conference at
the exact same time... I so longed to be with you all... but I know I
will get to watch it next week.  I am so excited to listen.  I was
able to watch the General Relief Society Meeting on Saturday which was
so good.  I love the new RS General Presidency!  I Think that's
awesome though about the change!!! There's a need for more
missionaries... :)  I just got chills, haha.  The world is being
prepared for the second coming!!  This last Sunday was our first
Sunday with sacrament meeting in Panay and it was such a good
experience.  I can really see that the people here are being prepared
to receive the gospel and the members who have gone astray will come
back.  Missionary Work is so, so important.  There are so many members
here that are sacrificing so much now to go on missions.  One of the
members of the Bermejo family who works with us often is preparing to
serve a mission and we have been helping him and others to prepare as
best we can.  Our recent convert, Rodolfo, also wants to go, but he
doesn't know how to read.  He only went to school for 1st grade.  We
have been helping him as best we can to learn to read so that he can
have a good mission experience.  But I know that the Lord can use
every person's help, no matter what their circumstances.  Every person
who has the knowledge that we do has the responsibility to make these
things known to others. Think about this statement.  "Someday everyone
will know what you know.  And, they will know that you knew it."
During one of my personal studies this week, I studied a talk about
the ABC's to an abundant life.  Attitude, Believe, and Courage.  These
three things make all the difference!  I could expound on these
things, but I don't have time, haha.  As I have tried to apply these
things into my work and to help others as well, I have seen how it has
affected everything around me.  Another thing I read this morning from
the Liahona is "Heavenly Father is only a prayer away and the Holy
Ghost is within whispering distance."  I know that these words are
true.  They can hear you even when no one else can.  Never hesitate to
ask them for help or to thank them for the blessing which you have
received.
I love the scriptures, especially the Book of Mormon. As I have been
studying them daily, they have been becoming more and more meaningful
to me.  I never appreciated them the way that I do now.  I think when
I was younger, sometimes I felt bored while reading them, but it's so
exciting when you read a scripture you've read maybe a thousand times
and then all of a sudden it makes sense... and then the next day you
read it again... and you learn something entirely different.  And then
each scripture begins to connect to all the others... and each chapter
to each chapter... and then the book as a whole... you begin to
realize what it is you are really holding in your hands... I know that
the Book of Mormon is the Word of God.  We are SOOOO blessed to have
it.  Search, Ponder, and Pray every day from the scriptures, and I
KNOW you will be blessed.  I KNOW you will feel the love of God and
will feel closer to Him and be able to recognize His hand in your
life.  This church is true.  We are here for a purpose.  Don't forget
your purpose here on earth.  And don't do ANYTHING that would keep you
from returning to God's presence.  Repent Daily!  Study Repentance.
Learn how to repent.  Learn the commandments and follow them!  Ponder
frequently the Atonement of our Savior and Brother.  If we understand
that, there is no way we would forget to pay our tithing, or have
family home evening, or do home teaching, or to keep your food storage
up to date, or to exercise and keep your bodies healthy, or follow any
other counsel we have been given.... of course none of us are
perfect... but we can do our best and repent and set goals to CHANGE
when we fall short.  I just thought of a ton of things that I need to
repent of right now. :-)
Gutom gid ako! :-)
Love you all,
Sister McClellan

No comments:

Post a Comment