Monday, October 21, 2013

Week 77

I just left my last area for the last time... and for the first time... I didn't cry.  I cried when I left Roxas, San Jose, and Oton!  I'm not exactly sure why I didn't this time. Maybe it's because I was only there for 6 weeks, one transfer, and I didn't feel as attached to it as I did to other areas... maybe because it hasn't hit me yet that I'm not going back. It's weird because I know that I have a week to go before I go back to the states... maybe that's another reason why it hasn't hit me yet.  I'm in a weird situation now... I'm actually not sure what I'm going to be doing this last week... President Aquino just told me to bring all my bags to the mission home just like the other 3 missionaries going home tomorrow.  I'm still attending all the departure interviews and orientation things today and tomorrow... and then... I think I'll be working in Oton again because it's the closest Sister's area to the mission home.  I hope that's what I'll do... I'll most likely be in a threesome.  I know there's still a lot of good service I can do in this last week... but it feels a lot different because I won't be in "my" area. The Oton area was split just after I left, so most of my investigators from Oton are now being taught by Elders, including Brother Reynaldo, Sister Remie... all of them.  I just hope and pray that they all come to church next Sunday and I'll get to see them all along with Brothers Romeo, Conrado, Vicinte... and all the other Recent Converts and members that I did get close to there. :D
 
So, my last week in Pavia was really actually wonderful!  We got a whole lot of new investigators through referrals and service.  Something we've gotten quite good at is finding through service which is my favorite way to get new investigators... although then they tend to be more poor, but that's okay. :D  This week it was really rainy and one day we were walking and saw a sikad in front of us stuck in the mud.  He was taking a woman and her baby home.  We caught up and pushed them quite a ways... getting our shoes stuck in the mud and our skirts quite dirty, haha. It was so much fun.  We were able to talk to the sikad driver and the woman and hopefully we'll be able to teach them (or Sister Karaponga with her new companion...) Then later that same day, we saw a man walking with some heavy bags and a box with a small child at his side.  We offerred to help him carry his stuff. He was really shy about it and acted like he didn't want us to... but we kind of just grabbed his stuff, haha.  We didn't give him a choice :)  When we got to his home, he was so grateful and let us wash our feet and then invited us inside and met his wife and we shared with them.  They said we were welcome any time.  I love people so much.
 
Church yesterday was good... Sister Bowen and I both were asked to share our testimonies in sacrament meeting.  Several less actives came to church.  And our investigator, Sister Iryn also came to church with her 3 children who enjoyed primary :)  I'm so glad I got to see them at church before leaving. They've been wanting to come for several weeks now and just never were able to :(  They want to be baptized, including her husband. I really love that family.  I'll miss them a lot.
We actually did feel the earthquake on Tuesday from Cebu. Sister Karaponga and I were walking to district meeting... we were walking really fast because we were late... :)  I saw above the trees that the electric wires and poles were moving a ton... my initial thought was that there were some men working on them.  I saw some people across the street kind of cowering and motioning for us to get to the side of the road.  Then we saw a big group of missionaries ahead... they were still waiting for the key to the gate to the church.  They yelled for us to stop.  We stopped walking and then I really felt it.  I got kinda dizzy and was like rocking back and forth... so cool! :D  But of course, we were all okay... I feel sad for all the people who died in Cebu though.  And there was a little damage to the temple as well... :(
 
Well, I'll most likely email one last time before going home. So, in the meantime everyone take care and don't miss me too much ;D  I love you all!!!!

 
Love, Sister McClellan







 

No comments:

Post a Comment