Monday, June 10, 2013

Week 58

I am so happy right now... and I don't even know why.  I am just so happy to be here right now. I had one of the hardest trials of my life this last week, but I learned one of the most important lessons from it that I don't know how I would have learned otherwise.  I really feel humbled and ready to change.  The mission is really one of the hardest things I have ever done in my life... but it is really the BEST thing ever!  I am SO grateful for this opportunity to be here.  I KNOW I'm supposed to be here.  I know God is happy with the work that I'm doing and he also knows I can do better.  I can't believe I never really wanted to serve growing up.  I almost missed this opportunity.  Then what would my life have turned out like?? I'm sure it would have been fine... but... I'm glad for this eye-opening experience.  
It's been raining a lot this last week.  I accidentally left my payong in my last area at an investigator's house... so I got soaked gid the other day.  My first payong broke, my second one I accidentally left in a tricycle, the third one I gave away to my companion because I had another one... which I left in San Jose... so now I have none.  And I try to share with Sister Falogme, but then we both ended up getting wet.  So... I'm going to go buy my fifth payong today. (bet you can guess what a payong is?) :D  I'm also buying my fifth bag today... because all my bags kept wearing out or breaking, I finally spent some extra money on a really nice backpack that would last the rest of my mission.  This week, a new rule came out... that we can't use backpacks anymore.  They want us to use nice black side sling bags. haha...  they are really focusing on image... which is super important.  I guess they don't want us to look like school students... and the backpacks really hurt the Elder's white shirts too I think... because of all the sweat, haha.  I also have to buy some new shoes today because our rubber shoes are now bawal also, at least to meetings.  Should be a fun day :D
I just got finished playing some ULTIMATE FRISBEE!!! I feel SO good right now!! 
I got a letter from my bata, Sister Aurelio in San Jose the other day... Brother Renato got baptized!!! I'm so excited for him!!!  I'm a little disappointed I wasn't there for his baptism, but I'm so happy for him.  
Brother Vicinte, our investigator right now, had his baptismal interview this last week and so his baptism should be coming up soon. He is excited also for his baptism.  Our branch really needs him!  
Amo na lang! That's all for now. :D
Love you all!
Have a fantastic week everyone.  Keep working hard and never stop progressing. You've never learned everything you can learn.  :D
Sister McClellan
 

No comments:

Post a Comment