Monday, April 15, 2013

Week 50

Dear Family,
This was a great week! I had my very last interview with President
Pagaduan.  Their mission is almost over. I'll get to see them one more
time at our next Zone Meeting, and then Pres. Pagaduan will be
replaced by a new Mission President. :(  We will for sure miss him,
but I'm sure our new mission President will be awesome as well.  At
the end of our interview, he gave me an awkward side hug.. the only
male I'm allowed to give a hug on my mission, haha.  I don't know how
to give a side hug... haha. It was awkward. :D  But he's great, I'll
miss him a lot.
Sunday was amazing!  We had 10 investigators attend, to listen to
General Conference.  Even though they didn't understand the words
which were being said because we only had it in English, they all said
they had a good experience and plan on coming again next week.  Our
only disappointment was that Thelma wasn't able to come.  We went to
her later and she said she had been to the doctor because of some pain
she was having in her shoulder... but because of that, her baptism
will have to be postponed a few weeks. :(  But It's okay, that will
give us a little more time to help her understand the gospel a little
bit more and make sure she really is ready for the covenants she is
about to make.
Conference was a really good experience.  I enjoyed listening, and I
also had a humbling experience as well.  I realized how quick I can be
to judge others.  While trying to listen to Conference, there was a
guy talking to another guy behind me, with hardly a pause.  Thoughts
were going through my mind like, "Why doesn't he just go to the back
or even leave if all he wants to do is talk, making it difficult for
the rest of us to concentrate?" I let it really bother me for a few
minutes.  After awhile, I decided I would kindly glance back at them,
hoping they would get the hint.  What I saw though was my brand new
investigator who had come to church for the very first time.  He
didn't understand a word of English and a wonderful member had decided
to fellowship him and was translating for him and explaining a little
about conference.  I gave them a huge smile and sat back, feeling
sheepish.  Yeah, they were a little distracting and yeah, there may
have been another way, but I was getting annoyed because a member had,
by his own decision, done what we as missionaries are usually begging
members to do every Sunday!  I think all of us sometimes are a little
too quick to judge others.  I need to be more careful about the
thoughts that go through my mind.  I had thought I was in the right
because my intentions were good... to listen to Conference!!! but that
gives me no right to think badly of other people. :D
God has really been helping us in the work. He's been preparing so
many people to listen to us and it's exciting to see the gospel being
spread to so many people.  I want EVERYONE to hear it!!! There's not a
single person in the world who is not in need of the gospel.  We are
all here for the same purpose... and the plan is for us all to return
to live with God again.  We need to help our brothers and sisters to
learn the plan, so that they too can experiences the blessings of the
gospel and receive eternal life :)
Love you all,
Take care!
Sister McClellan

No comments:

Post a Comment