Monday, April 22, 2013

Week 51

Dear Family, 
This has been a great week!  We didn't have our baptism this weekend like we were supposed to, because Sister Thelma had to go to the doctor on the day of her interview.  So her baptism will be next week.  We are so excited for her!
General Conference was wonderful!  They didn't have a Tagalog version so I felt a little bad for the 10 investigators we convinced to come listen who didn't understand a word that was said.  But some of them said that they felt good there.  It was still a good experience for them even though they didn't understand everything.  It was great!
It's been really exciting lately, studying the scriptures for specific investigators.  We have one investigator, Brother Roxas, who is the chairman of Purok Pigado.  He has a reputation there and is a little influenced by the people who live in his barangay.  He really has a desire to do what's right and to learn the truth.  I love teaching him.  In my studies, I read about Amulek and as I read Amulek's introduction about himself, I couldn't help but think about Brother Roxas.  We hadn't been able to get Brother Roxas to agree to baptism yet... his concerns are about his responsibilities as chairman, about his family being of a different faith, and about him also not feeling ready or worthy in a way.  This last week, we shared to him about Amulek and about how he wasn't perfect when he was called to assist the prophet Alma and about how he was rejected by his friends and family, but he obeyed God.  I believe God has a great calling in store for brother Roxas and through the scriptures we were able to resolve a few of his concerns and he finally "kind of" agreed to baptism.  He is progressing at least and our love for him is increasing with each visit.  
It's been raining a lot lately. Really hard.  I love rainy weather.  I just wish I could go play in it! :D  That's something I miss.  Playing in the rain... but here they believe in something called Pasmo... I'm not sure if it's real or not because all the Americans tell me it's a superstition and all the Filipinos tell me it's legit.  Anyways, it's like some sickness if you walk a long way or if you're really tired and then you get wet... like if you take a bath or something.  I don't know.  Anyways, I really miss playing in the rain!!! :D
I love you all! I can't believe my year mark in the mission is this week. Time flies by SOOOOO fast!  I can't believe how fast the time flies by.  I don't want it to end!!! So many of these people don't have facebook!!! what will I do!?!?!  I'll miss them so much! :(
Love you all,
Sister McClellan






No comments:

Post a Comment