Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Week 7

Magandang Umaga!

   2 More weeks!!!  I should be getting my travel plans some time this
week and I couldn't be more excited about it.
   Occasionally, we get to play the role of investigators for some of
the newer missionaries so they can practice their door approaches and
Tagalog.  The other day, we decided to have a little fun with it and
tried to be these "party girls" who loved drinking and being annoying.
 (We knew the missionaries who would be teaching us were good sports
otherwise we would have been a little easier).  :)   Anyways, during
the lesson I kept moving my invisible beer can from place to place.
It's so cool how when you are playing the role of someone with a
purpose in mind, trying to make it realistic and meaningful for the
missionaries, it feels real.  I realized how much more there is to a
person than is just on the surface or that you can find out in just a
few minutes, especially in a language you don't know very well.  As I
was being taught by these missionaries I felt the spirit and tried to
act as I felt this person would act in this situation.  It was a
really neat experience... and after everything was over and we were
heading back to class, I totally did a double-take (walked in a
circle) because I remembered my beer can and that I forgot to throw it
away... I walked two steps towards the table and then realized... of
course it wasn't there.  It was so funny.  I was laughing for about 10
minutes afterwards. :)  I think the MTC really IS making me crazy,
hahahahaha.
   I've learned a lot in the past few weeks.  As I was looking through
some of my older journal entries, I noticed a common trend. I kept
saying how I would probably love being here at the MTC under different
circumstances. And honestly, most of the time, I do love it here.  But
what I thought about is Nephi.  When Nephi's brothers bound him up, he
didn't pray for the circumstances to change.  He asked for the
strength to burst the bands... for the strength to get through his
trial.  I know that I can do anything that the Lord wants me to do and
that the trials that I have are for me and for my benefit.  Serving a
mission is not going to be easy... but it is so going to be worth it.
I can do hard things. :)  and so can all of you.
Love, Heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment